Random TV jottings, in no particular order:
- Why show The Wire with an episode every day? It’s far too hard to keep up with so many episodes at once. Especially as the V+ box only takes 80 hours and we do want to record some other stuff too!
- Damages series 2. I’ve stopped watching. The first series was pacy, and the use of flashbacks/flashforwards really kept me guessing along the way. By contrast, the second series seems to plod a lot more and doesn’t work anywhere near so well.
- Desperate Housewives. Still fluff. Still enjoyable. Even if I can do something else at the same time.
- The Apprentice. No, I don’t like any of the candidates. Yes, we are still gripped. And it’s even better with the live blog from the Grauniad. And with this too:
- Law & Order: UK? OK. But the quality let it down – “He’s been granted a bail?” What – a crook goes to court to argue that he has been unlawfully deprived of a piece of cricketing apparatus?
- Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant. David Starkey. Will no doubt be a bit provocative, but always interesting.
- Lewis: Not quite as good as Morse. But Hathaway and Innocent are growing into being good characters. Now if only Lewis and Hobson could get it together…
- Genius. A work of genius! Titter along with this: